LOG ENTRY:
Ok then so i've just found out that I already have a telnet client on my computer by typing in telnet:// into my browser. So right now i'm thinking thats pretty cool! I never knew that existed =O.
I then proceeded to go to telnet://library.deakin.edu.au where i was greated by a friendly yet confusing message: What kind of terminal are you using? V= VT100 / W = NCSA VT100? Erm what? Okay so i guess i'm just going to go for the first one and hope for the best... Woots it worked haha. *searching for the author* 2 of them came up but the first one seems slightly more english so i'm guessing thats the one we are looking for. *hit P for print and enter in my email addy*... *checks email*. Oh woops i entered in my email wrong haha *goes back to telnet and does it all over again* >.<". Yaayy I got my email correct that time and I have now recieved an email from Deakin Uni Lib! The email I recieved says: You searched for the AUTHOR: bennahum
2 AUTHORS found, with 2 entries; AUTHORS 1-2 are:
1 Bennahum David A 1936 ................................. 1 entry
2 Bennahum Ninotchka .................................... 1 entry
That wasnt as exciting as I had hoped >.<. I was hoping that it would show me the texts instead of what i had already seen. So far telnet seems pretty awesome though. However it may become similar to my Nintendo Wii experience... The novelty always wears off. Not being able to copy and paste and such into the telnet browser made it kind of frustrating. However it does load faster than using a normal browser. I can see telnet as being slightly limited however in terms of graphics and eyecandy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment