For this exercise I was required to read the text http://computer.howstuffworks.com/router5.htm which explains traceroute. However after reading it i barely understand it better than I did before i read it =S. Maybe its because i am listening to music at the same time or maybe its just supposed to be suuppeerr confusing D: But whatever, i'm sure it'll become clearer later right?
WRONG haha.
I then proceeded to http://centralops.net/co/ where I used the traceroute tool. Here i learned that there were 21 hops from the tools site to the curtin server. So far I am unsure as to how I am supposed to know how many milliseconds it took between these 2 =S. Tomorrow i'll ask people on the dicussion boards if they can help me and then i guess i'll get back to you =).
Oh also the IP number for the curtin server is 134.7.179.53. I have pasted the traceroute below for you all to look at!
Tracing route to curtin.edu.au [134.7.179.53]...
| hop | rtt | rtt | rtt |
| ip address | domain name |
| 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 |
| 70.84.211.97 | 61.d3.5446.static.theplanet.com |
| 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 70.84.160.162 | vl2.dsr02.dllstx5.theplanet.com |
| 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 70.85.127.109 | po52.dsr02.dllstx3.theplanet.com |
| 4 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 70.87.253.21 | et3-1.ibr03.dllstx3.theplanet.com |
| 5 | 99 | 1 | 3 |
| 157.238.225.5 | xe-4-4.r03.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net |
| 6 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| 129.250.2.153 | ae-2.r20.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net |
| 7 | 6 | 6 | 6 |
| 129.250.3.130 | as-0.r20.hstntx01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net |
| 8 | 6 | 6 | 6 |
| 129.250.3.25 | ae-0.r21.hstntx01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net |
| 9 | 48 | 48 | 48 |
| 129.250.3.121 | as-1.r21.lsanca03.us.bb.gin.ntt.net |
| 10 | 48 | 48 | 48 |
| 129.250.5.90 | xe-0-1-0.r03.lsanca03.us.bb.gin.ntt.net |
| 11 | 48 | 48 | 48 |
| 198.172.90.102 | p4-1-1-0.r03.lsanca03.us.ce.gin.ntt.net |
| 12 | 196 | 196 | 200 |
| 202.158.194.153 | so-3-2-0.bb1.b.syd.aarnet.net.au |
| 13 | 208 | 211 | 212 |
| 202.158.194.33 | so-2-0-0.bb1.a.mel.aarnet.net.au |
| 14 | 222 | 220 | 217 |
| 202.158.194.17 | so-2-0-0.bb1.a.adl.aarnet.net.au |
| 15 | 248 | 248 | 244 |
| 202.158.194.5 | so-0-1-0.bb1.a.per.aarnet.net.au |
| 16 | 250 | 248 | 248 |
| 202.158.198.178 | gigabitethernet0.er1.curtin.cpe.aarnet.net.au |
| 17 | 248 | 250 | 245 |
| 202.158.198.186 | gw1.er1.curtin.cpe.aarnet.net.au |
| 21 | 250 | 249 | 250 |
| 134.7.179.53 |
|
Trace complete
-- end --
So as fun as all this was i'm not quite sure how it benefited me >.<. Its really just confused me a great deal haha. I think i might look into this some more and post my findings later. EDIT: After looking at everyone elses blogs I have come to the conlusion that the time from the tools site to the curtin server is 250 ms. Wootwoot module on down! 4 more to gggoooo!
No comments:
Post a Comment