Sunday, August 10, 2008

Module 1:Task B

LOG ENTRY:

So i've just gone to telnet://towel.blinkenlights.nl to "have a bit of fun" and would you look at that! Its Star Wars! hahah. This is brilliant and I cannot belive that anyone would have the time to do this. It must have taken years of work or some pretty crazy slave monkeys haha. I am very impressed! Although we can get much more appealing and graphically detailed animations and movies on the internet today, something like that just makes you say "WOW!" haha.

I imagine that back when telnet started that people never expected that was possible, nor did I when i started looking into telnet! As awesome as this is though, its not so practicle. This would have taken years to make whereas something like this made in say FlashMX would have taken about half the time, if not less.

I am sure that as telnet developed, people would have become frustrated with the lack of user interface. New users may have found telnet extremely confusing. This is just one of the problems that telnet would have faced.

No comments: